РАRTNЕRSHIР BЕTWЕЕN LUХURY САRMАKЕR, JАGUАR LАND RОVЕR АND СHЕRY АUTОMОBILЕ СОMРАNY LTD.
- With reference to the academic literature and using your analysis of relevant environmental factors, suggest the most important external issues and trends driving Jaguar Land Rover and Chery Automobile Company Ltd together. In which areas are the expected internal benefits and synergies for both companies involved and why is the Chinese government involved?
- With reference to the academic literature, how would you describe this partnership? Explain the risks associated with this choice of partnership. Compare and contrast this with the earlier acquisition of Jaguar Land Rover from the US-based Ford Motors. Justify your view.
- By applying appropriate theory and using evidence from your research of these companies, analyse the national and corporate cultures involved. Speculate on the impact of both on this ‘partnership’ between Jaguar Land Rover and Chery Automobile Company Ltd.
- Drawing upon academic literature and theory, critically discuss the possible effects, both positive and negative, of exchange rate movements on the deal.
- Identify three (3) specific aspects or challenges of doing business internationally that you have come to appreciate through the seminars or Expert Lectures on this module. Explain why these are significant personally and to the future of international business.