Рrераrе rероrt оf thе 2016 аnnuаl rероrt оf Ridlеy Ltd
Download a copy of the 2016 Annual Report of Ridley Ltd from the Moodle
site. Using the Annual Report, prepare a report that addresses the
1. Provide a brief summary of the company. Include details such as
industry sector, primary activities, recent performance (300 words
2. Prepare a table that outlines details of the Board of Directors.
Include items such as name, gender, age, education, career history,
remuneration, and any other details you think are important or
interesting. Provide a brief summary of the characteristics of the
Board (1,000 words maximum).
3. Ridely follows the corporate governance recommendations of the
Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) Corporate Governance Council
(CGC) and has several policies in place to support its corporate
conduct. The external audit function is discussed throughout these
a. Outline the key recommendations of the ASX CGC in table
b. Who is RIDLEY’s auditor?
c. What amount of remuneration did the auditors receive from
RIDLEY during the year?
d. Briefly discuss the role of the external audit function and how
this may/may not be achieved (400 words maximum).
4. Provide a financial statement analysis of Ridley for 2016 in table
format. Include the following ratios (show all workings):
a. current ratio,
b. Quick ratio
c. inventory turnover,
d. Accounts receivable turnover
e. asset turnover,
f. debt to equity,
g. gross profit margin,
h. profit margin,
i. return on assets,
j. return on equity.
Based on your results, make a brief comment on the liquidity,
efficiency, solvency, and profitability of Ridley for 2016 (600 words
5. Four of Ridley’s investors hold over 60% of the issued capital of the
company. Who are these four investors? What is the significance of
their ownership stake in Ridley? (300 words maximum).
6. Provide a brief comment on the overall financial health of the Ridley
Ltd. (200 words maximum)