ТАSKS ОN СULTURАL СОMРЕTЕNСY АSSЕSSMЕNT
We can help you complete this type of assessment
Cultural Identity- Yours and theirs
Cultural diversity is what makes Australian culture so unique. As an educator you have the opportunity to explore and learn different cultures, those of children’s in your care and of your co-workers. The following tasks are in relation to your own culture and those of your centre’s community.
Task One: You are to investigate cultural diversity in at least one service that you work/volunteer in. Once you made yourself familiar with your work place’s community culture describe the following aspects:
1. Culturally appropriate ways of interaction/communication with children, families and communities
2. Service’s plans and implementation of a supportive environment for all children and their families.
3. Your effective contribution to the implementation of experiences that encourage children to respect and to celebrate cultural differences.
4. Ways that promote diversity to children in a positive manner.
5. Ways that give families the opportunity to share their culture.