1. How did the UFO Festival affect tourism to Roswell?
- How did the UFO Festival affect tourism to Roswell? Why did some people have reservations about the proposal for a UFO Festival in Roswell?
- Outline the Events Portfolio approach to developing an events strategy. What are the benefits for a destination in adopting this strategy?
- How is White Night being used to develop a new or changed image for cities?
- What do you see as the destination image of the Gold Coast? What sort of events do you see as fitting that image? Why would the Gold Coast want to repackage itself as having a more arts and culture-based image through the Bleach Festival?
- How have the exhibitions staged at the Bendigo Art Gallery changed that city’s image and encouraged tourism?
- Contrast the cases of film-related festivals at Lone Pine and Jamestown. How did these contribute (or not) to sustainable tourism in these towns?
- In what sense might we see rural festivals as more authentic than those staged in cities? Illustrate your answer with an example.
- Provide a brief report regarding the following hypothetical scenario. There has been criticism of the cost of the forthcoming Commonwealth Games. The government wants to issue a media release highlighting the expected economic impact which will include $500 million for stadium construction. Write a report for the Events Minister advising what should be included in calculating the economic impact of this event.