Airport operations assignment Buenos Aires two airports serving the capital city of Argentina
Airport Operations Assignment
“Buenos Aires, two airports serving the capital city of Argentina”
Assessed against the following learning outcomes:
- Critically assess the consequences of physical design and capacity limitations for an airport. Aeroparque-Jorge Newbery Airport (AEP).
- Critically assess the current situation of the city with two airports:
- Ezeiza-Ministro Pistarini (EZE) &
- Aeroparque-Jorge Newbery (AEP).
- Propose a strategy for Buenos Aires as a city and its airports.
The following issues must be taken into account:
- Air services (destinations, frequencies, timetables, seasonality, scheduled vs. charter).
The students should deliver their personal analysis supported by data at least about the following aspects:
- Airport facilities and design of Aeroparque-Jorge Newbery Airport.
- Airlines operating from both airports.
- Destinations served from both airports.
- Access from the catchment areas.
- Connectivity at the airports.
- Strengths and weaknesses of operating two airports in one city.
- Buenos Aires as a destination and connecting point in the air transport industry (in Argentina, South America and the rest of the world).
The student must show a good knowledge of the air transport industry from the airports perspective. This exercise will be done using one metropolitan area, Buenos Aires, and the airports serving that catchment area.
Question 1: 30%. – 1050 words
Question 2: 30%. – 1050 words
Question 3: 40%.- 1400 words