Analyze the importance of internal and external sustainability audits in corporate sustainability
Analyze the importance of internal and external sustainability audits in corporate sustainability. When should organizations catch their errors? Identify a well-known organization (or a not so well-known one) that has been “caught” in an audit nightmare. What might the corporation have done to avoid a catastrophe? Was the blunder a recoverable one? Explain.
· Embed course material concepts, principles and theories, which require supporting citations along with at least one scholarly peer reviewed reference in supporting your answer unless the assignment calls for more. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Electronic Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
· You need to reply to at least two peers’ discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question. These post replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peers’ replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
· Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing all sources referenced. Post your initial response early, and check back often to continue the discussion. Be sure to respond to your peers’ posts as well.
Note: The following readings may require you to be logged in to the Saudi Digital Library. You may do that here.
- Review Chapter 9 in Making Sustainability Work
- Cao, Y., Feng, M., & Wang, X. A. (2016). Corporate social responsibility reporting: A descriptive study across industries. Journal of Applied Business and Economics, 18(7), 11-22.
- Hoque, M. E. (2017). Why company should adopt integrated reporting? International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, 7(1), 241-248.
For Your Success
Sustainability reporting is increasingly important to internal and external stakeholders. There are a number of standards and guidelines that a company can adopt and apply to its own reporting. Whether these standards are required or voluntary, however, it is important to have auditing processes in place to ensure adherence to the standards.
Review the following required activities for this week:
- Participate in the Discussion Forum. This week you will be discussing the importance of internal and external sustainability audits.
- Plan to attend the final Live Session, which will be conducted by your instructor.
- Analyze the importance of external disclosure of sustainability measures.
- Analyze the importance of internal and external sustainability audits in corporate sustainability.