Case World James Bates online forum
Assignment 1 Part B – Case World – James Bates online forum
For this assignment students are to consult with Case World and the experience of James Bates, a first year new graduate registered nurse. James kept a diary for the first months of his transition to professional practice (TPPP) and recorded a series of reflections, critical incidents and scenarios in which he was involved. Successful completion requires that students choose 3 modules (from Modules 3-11) found in the study plan, complete the activities and contribute their answers to the forum questions for CPD and TPPP consideration, linking them to James Bates experience and contributing to the discussion forum (200 words). Students will only be able to see the contribution of other participants in their class after they have made an initial contribution per module. Students are then to provide 100 words of responses to other students. Here are the rules for the forum:
- Refer to the forum questions for CPD & TPPP considerations below, the activities in each of your chosen modules and link the experience of James Bates from Case World when contributing.
- Please make a 200 word initial contribution that answers the forum questions linking the experience of James Bates, per chosen module followed by 100 words of responses to other students.
- Contributions to the forum must include a brief background and explanation to provide context with regard to James. This is required for each of your chosen modules.
- Agree/disagree statements when responding must be accompanied with why you agree/disagree.
- Responses to the forum questions below may require you to access resources from other modules.
- Responses must demonstrate interaction with other students.
Forum questions for CPD & TPPP considerations
- Discuss one strategy from each of your chosen 3 modules (i.e. 3 strategies required) that would be considered during transition to professional practice.
- State rationale for choosing the strategy.
- Discuss how this strategy is applicable to your 5 year continuing professional development plan.
- State how this learning will change your practice.
- Provide a minimum of one source of evidence demonstrating the benefits to your career from the literature.