Describe the challenges of Ford Motor Company in the context of logistics and supply chain management
Read the given case study from http://www.penskelogistics.com/casestudies/ford.html, and answer the following questions.
• Describe the challenges of Ford Motor Company in the context of logistics and supply chain management,
• Describe and discuss the roles of logistics management in supply chain and operations management in this case study context and in general practice,
• Discuss the essential trade-offs in meeting organisational performance goals while minimising total costs in this case study context and in general practice,
• Explain and discuss the role of logistics management and Penseke’s solution in adding value to operations management of Ford Motor Company.
All the answers and explanations need to be supported by academic references and you are encouraged to research further on this issue.
The argument should be presented in report format and should contain the following sections:
• Cover Sheet
• Executive summary
• Background and business environment
• Answers to the given questions
• Recommendations- on how the proposed solutions of Penske can be further improved (in relation to the topics 2 to 12 of this course)
• References (list of references).
It is expected that you will research widely using appropriate sources. It is also expected that you will use, as a minimum, eight (8) academic references including five (5) journal articles and other references to present your analysis and report.