Digital divide crosses all borders, culturally and geographically, discuss how the digital divide affects society in 2014.
Complete one of the following research questions:
1) Digital divide crosses all borders, culturally and geographically, discuss how the digital divide affects society in 2014.
2) Now that you have a deeper understanding of society’s relationship with IT from ISYS100 what do you think is the biggest issue we need to address when it comes to information technology? Discuss solutions to this issue with supported evidence.
3) The information revolution of the last decade has meant that there are so many more powered devices in our homes and lives. At what cost is this increase to our environment? Furthermore, are there any companies or organisations trying to offset this somehow?
4) Social networking now is about so much more than keeping up to date with your friendships. Crowdsourcing is one such example. Discuss some of the biggest collaborative projects that exist because of social media.
5) Google is a company that has created a road map for what IT companies should be like; explain how Google can be considered to be one of the world’s best companies and at the same time one of the world’s most secretive organisations.
6) Throughout the world there has been an increase in discussions regarding “Censorship of the Internet”, explain how Censorship can work in some instances but in others it can be a detriment to society.
7) We live in a world where the internet plays a pinnacle role in our day to day lives. Discuss how the internet has caused an ethical debate on our information privacy.