discuss the supply network of this product from raw material until it arrives to the consumers
I. TMA Topic overview: Supply Chain Management
A supply chain consists of all parties involved, directly or indirectly, in fulfilling a customer request. The supply chain not only includes the manufacturers and suppliers, but also transporters, warehouses, retailers and customers themselves. Within each organization, such as manufacturing, the supply chain includes all functions involved in receiving and filling a customer request. These functions include, but are not limited to, new product development, marketing, operations, distribution, finance, and customer service.
The objective of every supply chain is to maximize the overall value generated. The value of a supply chain generates is the difference between what the final product is worth to the customer and the effort the supply chain expends in filling the customer’s request.
I. Discussion Question (for essay paper) (1500 words)
Think about a product of a specific brand that you have recently bought. Write an essay to discuss the supply network of this product from raw material until it arrives to the consumers. You are required to cover the following points in your essay/:
1. Industry overview, company overview, product overview, major competitors.
2. Stages of the product supply chain or network design, location of raw material in relation to the manufacturer, distributor, retailer and consumer, etc.
3. The relationship between suppliers and customers (first tier, second tier, etc.., horizontal or vertical integration (if any), levels of inventory and where it’s held.
4. The overall cost structure of the product, average profit margins, etc.
5. Explanation of any problems and suggestions for further improvements of the supply chain.