Engineering and Construction BIM
- Imagine that you work for a general contractor who has had no prior experience using BIM. Your boss wants input on how the company should begin to use BIM. You may assume that you would have access to the design model from the Architects to support your suggested BIM use. Given this information, identify a BIM use that you believe would be wise to implement as a first BIM use for this company (reference the PxP Guide for BIM Use terminology). Be sure to explain why this would be an appropriate first BIM use to implement for this company. Then also explain a second BIM use that you believe would make sense to implement subsequently for a company that is still relatively new to BIM, and only has the experience gained during your suggested first BIM use.
- (1 Point) First BIM use to implement:
- (2 Points) Explanation as to why this would be an appropriate BIM use to implement for a company that has no prior BIM experience:
- (1 Point) Subsequent BIM use to implement:
- (2 Points) Explanation as to why this is a logical next step to using BIM for a company that is relatively new to BIM.