examining and analysing the practical impact of the present Fair Work Act 2009 (Cwlth) as well as discuss potential future implications of IR/ER reflecting on the economic, political and social contexts
You are required to write a report examining and analysing the practical impact of the present Fair Work Act 2009 (Cwlth) as well as discuss potential future implications of IR/ER reflecting on the economic, political and social contexts of one of the following topics:
• The extent and influence of employer prerogative on the character of employment relations to enable flexibility and to promote productivity to effectively do business.
• The extent and influence of trade unions to engage and negotiate in enterprise level collective bargaining underpinned by good faith bargaining obligations.
• The extent and influence of the legislation to ensure guaranteed minimum conditions and protection of the rights and interests of employees to enable fairness and representation at work.
The following criteria must be addressed:
• Outline the how and why of the introduction of the Fair Work Act 2009 and the reasons for examining and analysing your selected topic.
• List and explain up to 4 major changes considered to be of importance to examine and analyse the practical impact.
• The analysis and discussion of major changes must include relevant examples to justify and provide evidence with the focus on the political, economic and social contexts.
• Use academic and industry sources to discuss potential future implications focusing on the political, economic and social contexts.
You will be assessed on your ability to identify, analyse, evaluate and discuss the criteria of the research topic. You must use a number of reputable sources and scholarly reference material to support your arguments. The quality of the sources of information you use, as well as your referencing skills, will be assessed.