Global Strategy Business Report
Suppose you are a Global Strategy Consultant engaged by an Australian company (select any manufacturing or services company i.e. you may also check ASX index for companies in Australian stock exchange). Assume that Australian company intends to expand its business to another country and hopes to do so by forming an international business with a local firm there.
As its consultant, you are required to write a report to the CEO of your Australian company with your analysis and recommendations on the following areas:
A). Which new country location should the Australian company invest in? and Why?
B). Which local firm in the new country location should the Australian company form a partnership/strategic alliance with? Why? Or any other international business entry strategy?
C). What other business-level strategies you would recommend to the newly formed international business? Why?
You will need to conduct extensive research and provide a comprehensive report to your client justifying your recommendations.
Your assignment should be presented as a business report and the format should be as follows:
- Cover Page
- Executive Summary
- Content Page
- Introduction (Business problem, objective and scope of the report)
- Methods you use to collect and analyse data and information
- Review of the current international business and economic environment
- Analysis, evaluation, and justification of new target industry
- Analysis, evaluation, and justification of most appropriate target country location where the firm can enter the new industry
- Analysis, evaluation, and justification of most appropriate entry mode strategy for the firm to enter the new industry
- Analysis, evaluation and justification of how best the firm should position itself to compete successfully in the new industry
- Conclusion and recommendations