GM Motors and Holden subsidiary venture
• You have been contacted by the major shareholders at General Motors (USA) to provide an accurate and current analysis of their Holden subsidiary.
• Subsidiaries are a common feature of multinational corporations who generally organise their businesses into national and functional subsidiaries
• A subsidiary is a business/organisation that is completely or partly owned (major shareholder) by the parent organisation and thus the parent organisation normally controls the activities and policies of the subsidiary (therefore, Holden is the Australian arm of General Motors).
• So you are working as a consultant to suggest a new (internal, external or partnership) venture, (on an based analysis of the Holden subsidiary) which will create rapid growth.
• The report should be addressed to/written for the shareholders of GM.