Hillary’s Boat Harbour
The purpose of this assignment is to apply theory to practice by undertaking a sustainability analysis of Hillary’s Boat Harbour as a tourism destination. One of the most important skills required by the tourism industry is the ability to critically evaluate the hospitality and tourism product. This assignment will be in three parts. Part A requires you to research the academic literature and write 500 words on the environmental, economic and socio cultural consequences of tourism and hospitality.
Part B requires the application of this research to the study location of Hillary’s Boat Harbour, by providing a 500 word discussion on the key environmental, economic and socio cultural consequences of tourism and hospitality at this destination.
Part C will contain a 200 word evaluation of the long term sustainability of Hillary’s boat harbour and recommendations for the future.
A suggested format for the presentation of this 1,500 word assignment is presented below;
- Title page – Include the assignment title, your name, student number and date of submission.
- Introduction –restate the topic, outline the reports aim and introduce the content that will follow.
- Part A: Economic, environmental and socio-cultural consequences of tourism and hospitality – provide a
general discussion on these topics based on academic research (must contain full in text referencing)
- Part B: Hillary’s Boat Harbour – provide a specific discussion on Part A topics related to Hillary’s Boat Harbour
(must contain full in text referencing).
- Part C: Sustainability of Hillary’s Boat Harbour – Provide an evaluation of the long term sustainability of Hillary’s
Boat Harbour and recommendations for the future.
- Conclusion – Summarise the main elements of the report.
- References – Formatted in the APA style. (recommend sourcing 10 appropriate references)
- Formatting – Place a title at the top of page one before the introduction, include page numbers at the bottom of the
page, use a minimum of 12 point font, print on both sides of the page. Most importantly, ensure that your
assignment contains full in-text referencing in the APA style.