How do firms operating across boarders affect—and are affected by—their home and host country environments?
Assessment Task 1:Individual Report
1) Assessment Details One of the most fascinating features of the global economy is that governments have such different ideas about what makes for a dynamic business climate, and so do other elements of international environment. Please complete a 1800-2000 word-long analytical paper that addresses the following question:
Q: How do firms operating across boarders affect—and are affected by—their home and host country environments?
- Good understanding of international environment, home/host countries strengths and implications to firms in different industries.
- Demonstrate how the different elements of international environment, particularly institutional factors, affect firms‘ strategies and operational configurations.
- A clear logical flow between paragraphs.
- Comprehensiveness of argument, given word limit.
- An electronic copy is required to submit via turnitin.
3) Structure of the report:
- Executive summary (150 words)
- Introduction (200 words)
- Theory relate to different elements of international environment. You need to use your own words to explain the theories for each element first and then give the examples to each one. For example, the different economy environments in China, US and Australia. These are the ideas below:
- property rights and corruption
- Benefits/ strengths and negative impact/ implications to firms in different industries. Examples here need to relate to specific firm to show the different impacts on operating in different countries. At least 3 firms/companies are used to demonstrate the differences. How does these differences that can affect the specific company or not affect these specific companies.
- Recommendation (200 words)
- Conclusion (200 words)