Identify four social pathways of disaster evacuation and explain their meaning
- Identify four social pathways of disaster evacuation and explain their meaning.
- Describe, in order of frequency, the three places most disaster evacuees seek refuge.
- Explain two social characteristics that constrain shelter selection by disaster evacuees.
- Identify and illustrate four evacuation facilitators. Pages 117-122
- “Social Science Principles and Disaster Research.” Identify four key social science principles that guide disaster researchers. Explain why adherence to these principles differentiate social science findings from those produced by others such as media reporters or novelists.