Impact of IT on Business
Individual Assignment Requirements
You are to research a real life business example of your choice and the impact of IT on that business.
1) Does your chosen business need IT?
2) Why IT is important for business survival?
3) What is required to apply IT into your chosen business? (I.e. cost, planning, designing, equipment, installation, training, etc…)
4) How does your chosen business use IT? (internally such as employees, and externally such as customers, suppliers)
5) What benefits and advantages does IT bring to your chosen business? (I.e. revenue, flexibility, reduces cost, etc….) 6) What type of risks does IT bring to your chosen business? (i.e. security, privacy, confidentiality)
7) How can your chosen business maintain and monitor IT?
Your report will be assessed on the quality of your research and report presentation. Discussion must be relevant to your chosen business. Your report is to be in the style of a business report. There is a limit of ten pages excluding appendices.
You can choose a business from any of the following industries:
Healthcare Food processing Banking and finance Telecommunications Library Transport Airlines Printing and publishing Media Computer gaming tourism
Trip Advisor –https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ Telstra — https://www.telstra.com.au/ Commonwealth Bank of Australia — https://www.commbank.com.au/ Qantas — https://www.qantas.com/au/en.html