Introduction to Sociology
Paper # 3
Please pick one of the following three variable sets and circle the number picked:
- Student satisfaction with FSC and student support services
- Exercise and weight loss
- Texting and Driving
Then, answer the following questions (each correct answer is worth 5 points (total of 36).
- Which of the two variables is the independent variable and why?
- Which of the two variables is the dependent variable and why?
- What type of correlation exists between the two and explain clearly this correlation?
- State the hypothesis.
- Operationally and quantitatively define the independent variable.
- Operationally and quantitatively define the dependent variable.
- What type of research method would you use and why?
- Using any number you choose, how you would let someone reading you research know the size of your sample population?