key sustainability aspects of the organization’s current supply chain
‘In today’s world, sustainability has become one of the most important issues that organizations face, and it is
placing increased pressure on all goods-producing and service-providing organizations worldwide’ (Collier & Evans,
2013, p. 17)1
Select an Australian business organization of your choice (or an international business organization with a sizeable
Australian presence). It can be either a service or a manufacturing business or a combination of both. Write a 3000-
word research report critically analysing the key sustainability aspects of the organization’s current supply chain. In
your write-up, you are expected to demonstrate appropriate understanding and usage of relevant supply chain
management (SCM) theory, concepts, tools and techniques covered in the weekly lectures and prescribed readings.
Your submitted report should specifically address the following:
1. Provide a brief descriptive profile of your chosen business organization clearly rationalizing your choice;
2. Provide a detailed description of the current SCM practices of the organization;
3. Provide a detailed description of the sustainability management practices of the organization;
4. Provide a critical appraisal of the extent to which you perceive a match between 2 & 3, and gaps if any;
5. Provide a set of recommendations to improve the match between current SCM & sustainability practices.