Leading and Managing People
Leading and Managing People
You are required to write a 2,000 word report. (100% weighting)
As organisations develop and adapt to the modern world a number of influences contribute to shaping the organisation and the manner in which it operates. This can be seen from the increasing number of organisations that operate in bricks and mortar format as well as delivering products and services on line in response to a change in consumer behaviour, globalisation and advances in technology and other factors.
Investigate leadership approaches and HRM techniques which assist in dealing with the specific challenges you identify in an organisation which operates in both bricks and mortar and virtual formats for the purpose of maximising the potential of employees and therefore the organisation. .
You should provide;
- An introduction which includes a brief overview of the organisation and identification of a maximum of two specific issues (ONE challenge in each context i.e. bricks and mortar and virtual) which present challenges for the leadership and management of the organisation
- Main body which reviews relevant Leadership approaches coupled with HRM techniques that combine to address the challenge and maximise potential; link to specific practical examples
- Recommendations which are based on research as well as identifying any limitations. The recommendations should be directed at the organisation/employees/teams and be related to the organisation you have used throughout the report.
- Reference list (references and reference list should follow the conventions of a recognised referencing system)
Your work should;
- be based on evidence of research in the leadership and HRM fields of study linked to real life practical examples
- you should NOT merely describe theories, tools and techniques you should consider the usefulness and point out the limitations using practical examples to illustrate your points
- not exceed 2000 words
- be fully and correctly referenced using the Harvard conventions of referencing
- logically organised with good use of report format; page numbers, section numbering, headings, paragraphs, diagrams and graphs only if relevant
- professional; proof read
- have student identification number BUT NOT your name
- be aimed at an informed audience; therefore there is no need for descriptions of theories. You should apply, discuss and recommend based on research, NOT describe theory and techniques from the leadership and HRM literature.
- Font size 12, Times New Roman or Arial, double line spaced, with use of bold for headings
You should start your work early. Take time to read, reflect, discuss and consult tutors for support, leave time to proof read, edit your work and ensure it is as good as it can be before submission.
Clear identification of issues in modern settings in both bricks and mortar and virtual organisations (20%)
Effective use of theories/aspects of theories, tools and techniques – discussion of how these minimise/resolve the challenges identified with reference to any limitations (25%)
Evidence of wider reading, well and correctly referenced (15%)
Critical and independent thinking (10%)
Well structured, logical, cohesive and integrated with effective use of paragraphs, headings and sections (20%)
Effective communication, spell checked, and punctuated (10%)