News media article analysis
Students are to choose two news media articles from credible newspapers or news media websites (blog posts, videos and social media content are not permitted). The articles are to be directly relevant to government-business relations (for example, regulation, industry policy, interest groups, trade agreements, the role of government in the economy etc. If in doubt, ask your tutor if it is relevant before selecting an article). The articles (two in total) are to be based on a single issue, however each article must be taken from a different source (for example, SBS, ABC,
The articles (two in total) are to be based on a single issue, however each article must be taken from a different source (for example, SBS, ABC, The Guardian, The Australian, The Daily Telegraph and so on) and is to reflect different opinions/views on the selected government-business relations theme.
Students are to write in full prose and answer the following questions for each article:
1) What is the article about? What is it overtly/covertly suggesting?
2) Who is it written by/for? (Why might this be significant?)
3) Who is the publisher? (Why might this be significant?)
4) What are some of the underlying assumptions, values, and ideologies found in the article?
5) Why did you choose this article? What unit-related concepts does this article demonstrate?