report which summarises your findings for specific countries and critically analyses current data and information in the light of decisions relating to the internationalisation of business.
Assignment 1 (covering Topics 1,2,3)
Assignment Title: Research based assignment that draws upon quantitative/qualitative analysis of live data to critically evaluate strategic management decisions within the macroeconomic context
Submission Date: See Blackboard
Work will be marked out of 100
Absolute value of work 50%
The assignment should be word processed. Make sure that you enter your student enrolment number at the top of the document.
By submitting your work in this fashion you are agreeing to abide by the University’s regulations on plagiarism. Plagiarism is defined as presenting the work of someone else as your own. This includes statistical data, graphs, charts and any other graphically represented material. It also includes copying of another student’s work for submission as your own. For more information on this, read the University’s Student Regulations.
During the course of this module you have completed a range of learning activities linked to the measurement of economic performance. The requirement for your assignment is to write a 3,000 word report which summarises your findings for specific countries and critically analyses current data and information in the light of decisions relating to the internationalisation of business.
This is an individual assignment.
In your report you will examine FOUR different countries to include: –
• One of the “G7” industrial economies (USA, UK, Germany France, Italy, Japan, Canada)
• One of the BRICSA (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) “emerging” economies.
• One open economy which is not part of G7 or BRICSA but is part of the G20 from the following:- Argentina, Australia, Indonesia, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Turkey).
• One “developing” economy which is not part of any of the above groups, from the following: Jamaica, Venezuela, Algeria, Iran, Bangladesh, Guatemala, Pakistan, Cameroon, Ecuador, Nigeria, Namibia, Fiji, Bulgaria, Jordan, Malaysia
Analysis will cover the following 3 areas: –
1. A summary of key macroeconomic performance, international trade and investment indicators over the last 3 years for each country INDIVIDUALLY.
2. A critical COMPARISON of these countries with each other, in terms of their macroeconomic, trade and investment performance over the last 3 years
3. For each of the countries, a brief analysis of their major companies (size, sector, multinationality etc.) and the importance of infrastructure (including transport infrastructure) in the economic development of these countries.
It is important that you complete all tasks for topics 1 to 3 of this module as they will help you complete this piece of assessment.
This piece of assessed work contributes to the following learning outcomes for this module:
1. To demonstrate a relevant knowledge of macroeconomic contexts and be able to analyse and critically evaluate strategic management decisions within such macroeconomic contexts.
2. To demonstrate relevant knowledge of microeconomic contexts, be able to analyse the microeconomic framework, and solve problems which arise from rapidly changing market and competitive conditions
The following criteria will be used to determine the extent to which the candidate has met the learning outcome of this assignment.
• Argument and Structure
• Critical Evaluation
• Reference to Literature
Marks available: As below