What is a Research Paper?
A research paper..
A research paper can be defined as an extended essay which gives one’s argument or assessment or explanation. It enables one to traverse the research journey by developing a research question and thesis, undertaking the research, putting down the paper and authenticating the sources appropriately.
The research paper has the following format:
Steps of writing down a Research Paper
- Set the objective – Select a topic & compose a thesis statement
- Research and take the notes
- Make an outline – plan the order of points
- Write down the initial draft – based on the contents of the outline
- Edit the paper
- Add References/bibliography and appropriate citations
- Format the paper – Depends on the indicated style (MLA/Harvard/MLA/Chicago/Oxford)
- Proofread the final paper – correct grammar, spelling, errors etc