What lessons can rich and poor countries learn from each other on improving governance
Topic: What lessons can rich and poor countries learn from each other on improving governance?
To answer this question you will need to compare one rich country and one poor country. A rich country is classified as High in the UNDP Human Development Index Report 2014. A poor country is classified as Medium or Low in the UNDP Human Development Index Report 2014. The report can be accessed at the following site: http://hdr.undp.org/en
The following criteria will be used for assessment:
- Evidence of reading relevant material, including different points of view.
- Evidence of understanding of the question asked.
- Discussion and critical analysis of relevant concepts, theories and issues.
- Logical arrangement of material relevant to question asked, reflecting an understanding of the issues and the relationships between elements of the subject.
- Use of relevant facts or empirical information to develop and substantiate critical analysis and argument.
- Clarity and correctness of writing, (e.g. grammar, punctuation and spelling).
- Proper referencing, acknowledgement and citation of sources. You must use the Harvard style referencing system.
- Correct reference list provided at the end of the paper in alphabetical order by each author’s surname.
- Adherence to the prescribed word count. Students may use the 10% rule, whereby the final word count can be 10% under or over the prescribed word count. Essays that provide a word count that is under or over the prescribed word count once the 10% rule has been applied will be subject to a reduction in marks. One (1) mark will be deducted for every 100 words that fall outside the acceptable minimum or maximum final word count.
Please note! Be careful using the Internet: it offers information, sometimes wildly inaccurate, while also not necessarily providing a strong critical analysis.