WHS Management assessment: Assume that you are working in a retail store as a manager.
|Purpose of the Assessment|
|The purpose of this assessment is to assess the student in the following learning outcomes:||Satisfactory
|Not yet Satisfactory
|Developing, implementing, reviewing and maintaining a WHSMS|
|WHS changes that have occurred as a result of the implementation of the WHSMS|
|Steps taken to ensure ongoing commitment to the WHSMS.|
|Assessment/evidence gathering conditions|
|Each assessment component is recorded as either Satisfactory (S) or Not Satisfactory (NS). A student can only achieve competence when all assessment components listed under Purpose of the assessment section are Satisfactory. Your trainer will give you feedback after the completion of each assessment. A student who is assessed as NS (Not Satisfactory) is eligible for re-assessment.|
|Resources required for this Assessment|
|Instructions for Students|
|Please read the following instructions carefully
· This assessment has to be completed In class Online
· The assessment is to be completed according to the instructions given by your assessor.
· Feedback on each task will be provided to enable you to determine how your work could be improved. You will be provided with feedback on your work within 2 weeks of the assessment due date. All other feedbacks will be provided by the end of the term.
· Should you not answer the questions correctly, you will be given feedback on the results and your gaps in knowledge. You will be given another opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to be deemed competent for this unit of competency.
· If you are not sure about any aspects of this assessment, please ask for clarification from your assessor.
· Please refer to the College re-assessment and re-sit policy for more information.
Overall Assessment weight provided is 100. Overall marks will be provided in the following manner:
a. Direct copying from reference will be consider poor academic performances: Expected Marks Less than 50
b. Work supported with relevant example, reflections, well formatted with proper citations and referencing: Expected Marks 51 to 100
(Note: Plagiarism, copied directly from books, websites, journals, articles, previous or current class mates works will lead to a negative assessment outcome for this course)
PART A: REPORT WRITING: MAINTAIN STORE SAFETY (70 marks)
Assume that you are working in a retail store as a manager. Visit the following website http://www.workcover.nsw.gov.au/. Write a report between 1000 to 1100 words state how you would:
- Inform the team about the stores policy and procedures in regard to Work Health and Safety and emergency procedures
- Ensure access for team members to store OH&S/WHS policy and procedures
- Clearly and accurately explain relevant provisions of OHS/WHS legislation and codes of practice to team members
- Regularly provide clear and accurate information on identified hazards and risk control procedures to team members
- Provide opportunities and processes for team members to consult and contribute on OHS/WHS issues according to store policy
- Promptly resolve issues raised or refer to relevant personnel according to store policy
- Promptly convey outcomes of issues raised on OHS/WHS matters to team members
- Implement Store Policy and Procedures with regard to identification, prevention, and reporting of potential hazards
- Take prompt action to deal with hazardous events to identify cause and report any inadequacies in risk control measures or resource allocation for risk control to relevant personnel
- Implement and monitor control measures to prevent recurrence and minimise risks of unsafe and hazardous events according to store policy and hierarchy of control
- Handle and store hazardous goods according to store policy and OHS/WHS legislation
- Maintain equipment according to store policy and OHS/WHS regulations
- Monitor team performance to ensure use of safe manual handling techniques
- Implement store emergency policy and procedures promptly in the event of an emergency
- Identify OHS/WHS training needs specifying gaps between OHS/WHS competencies required and those held by team members
- Organise and arrange training according to store policy
- Complete and maintain OHS/WHS records regarding occupational injury and disease according to store policy and legislative requirements.
Things to remember:
- Report writing needs to be discussed based on the above points.
- It should contain,
Introduction: A description of your retail store in short.
Body: Discussion of the points.
Conclusion: Why do you think, the points you have discussed are necessary for the implementation and development of WHS (Work, Health and Safety) at your store.
- Please write the total words of your report at the end of the report.
- Plagiarism, copied directly from books, websites, journals, articles, previous or current class mates works will lead to a negative assessment outcome for this course
- Please read the submission criteria must be followed section in page 3.
PART B: DIRECT Q & A (10 Marks * 3 Questions = 30 Marks)
- In this task, you will be using a virtual risk management tool website from Australian Government COMCARE.
Visit the link: http://www.comcare.gov.au/virtual_workplaces/virtual_office/
Go below the page and Click on “Enter Virtual Office”
An office map has been provided with the rooms i.e. Reception, Office, and Kitchen, Shower/Toilets, Carers’ Room, First Aid Room and Photocopy room. If you click any of those, it will expand to its sub-category and if you go further it will lead you to table where the Objects, Hazards and Possible Control have shown.
Select any one room from the website and workout what are the sub-categories and descriptions provided (Objects, Related Hazards and Possible Controls to avoid them). Now analyse and describe whether all these are followed or not at your workplace. (Not more than 250 words)
- Provide a brief description of the relevant WHS Acts, regulations, and codes of practice, standards followed at your workplace? (Not more than 200 words)
(Note: Consider the place you are currently working, and if not working then consider a club or restaurant you have recently visited. Try to observe, analyse and communicate in order to answer the questions.)
- Who are a PCBU and the duty of a PCBU under new Work, Health and Safety rules? How PCBUs (Person Conducting Business or Undertakings)different from an Employer? (Not more than 200 words)
SOME OF THE POSSIBLE CLUES FOR PART A – ABOVE POINT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
|Occupational health and safety procedures may deal with:
||Emergencies may include:
|Hazardous goods/equipment may include:
||Correct use of equipment and protective gear may include:
|Occupational health and safety information may include
||Store emergency policies and procedures may include:
|Hazardous events may include:
||Procedures for dealing with hazardous events may include:
Write your answers from the next page