With reference to the literature on leadership, critically explore the leadership approaches demonstrated by the Fiona Jenkins.
On successful completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Appraise the importance of leadership in organisations and contrast the functions of leadership and management.
2. Critique various traditional, new and modern leadership models and critically assess the strengths and weaknesses of those models in applied settings.
3. Evaluate the concept of situational leadership and demonstrate the importance of flexibility in leadership style.
4. Conduct an in-depth analysis of their preferred leadership style and consider its implications for their work and for the development of their leadership capability.
5. Interpret the concept of strategy and describe the formulation and implementation of strategic plans.
6. Evaluate the impact of the external and internal environmental factors on strategy and change management and conduct a strategic analysis on their organisations and its environment using a variety of tools.
You must complete both parts of the assignment.
Based on the case study, “Service Redesign at South Devon Hospital Trust”” answer the following 2 questions:
1. With reference to the literature on leadership, critically explore the leadership approaches demonstrated by the Fiona Jenkins.
2. If you had been appointed in Fiona Jenkin’s place, would you have handled things in the same way?
Using your knowledge of strategic analysis and planning, critically evaluate the strategy of your own organisation. If your organisation does not have a written strategy, obtain and analyse a relevant strategic plan from an organisation that is similar to yours.
This is an INDIVIDUAL assignment.
Please submit a SINGLE document in PDF format meeting the requirements for assignment submission on Moodle
It is recommended that you refer to the following resources to assist you in the design, development, writing, formatting & submitting of your assignment: RCSI-IL QA Resources